I was surfing around the internet and came across a very interesting article on scgpr.com. I've seen some of these stats before, but never have I seen this scope of effectiveness measured for video marketing.
- About 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video. (Source: Eloqua)
- Video is now the sixth most popular content marketing tactic, as 70% of B2B marketers use some form of online video with their overall strategies. (Source: Eloqua)
- Of the 80% of internet users who watched a video ad, 46% took some sort of action after viewing the ad. (Source: Video Brewery)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.(Source: Mist Media)
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
- 59% of senior executives prefer video over text. (Source: Brainshark)
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
Here's my take after reading this: If you own a business of any size, and you don't have a quality video on your website, you're missing out. If you're a large business or brand, check out scgpr.com. They look like a quality company, and they are based out of my locality (Twin Cities).
If you want the same effectiveness of video marketing for your small to medium business from a company that understands the dynamics you face, get in touch with us.
Post your comments and thoughts!