See the full story of Matt and Kjersten's beautiful outdoor wedding and country club reception!
Maybe you have heard of Thumbtack, maybe not. Similar to Angie's List, Thumbtack does the work of SEO, Google Ads, and marketing local, reputable businesses for pretty much any kind of service you can conceive.
HOW IT WORKS
Customer A wants to find a painter for their house. They do a Google search for "find a painter near Minneapolis." Thumbtack does the marketing to get that lead to come to their provider network (YOU!). When they arrive to Thumbtack, the customer enters different criteria for what kind of job they have, when, where, etc. When you set up your Thumbtack profile, you choose what kind of work you want to do. When Customer A's request lines up with your own criteria, Thumbtack emails you that Customer A needs a painter. You can read through the request and decide if you want to submit a quote or pass. With Thumbtack, you pay only when you quote. Depending on your industry and the specific kind of job within your category, quotes costs around a few dollars to $10 per quote given. Thumbtack limits how many businesses can quote on each request, only 5. Even if you are a startup, you have a great chance to earn new business that aren't your family/friends and to grow.
Whether you have a brand new business or are looking to expand your established business to a new customer base, Thumbtack is a great option. With a couple hours of your time, you can create a professional looking profile page with links to your own website and social media. You have complete control over how many marketing dollars you want to put into Thumbtack, and you can increase or decrease your marketing however you see fit.
I found Thumbtack easy to use and navigate, and they give you little hints and tips all along the way to help you succeed. The average is giving 5-10 quotes before getting business (about 10 for me), but every time you are hired, Thumbtack shows that. When you start out, have previous customers fill out a brief review (profiles with 5 reviews or more are 4 times more likely to get hired!). The automated review reminders are sent out to customers to pile up those reviews.
Best of all, the people requesting quotes are hot leads. You're not cold-calling people here. These people want to give you business.
Please leave your comments, thoughts, and questions!
I was surfing around the internet and came across a very interesting article on scgpr.com. I've seen some of these stats before, but never have I seen this scope of effectiveness measured for video marketing.
- About 46% of people say they’d be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video. (Source: Eloqua)
- Video is now the sixth most popular content marketing tactic, as 70% of B2B marketers use some form of online video with their overall strategies. (Source: Eloqua)
- Of the 80% of internet users who watched a video ad, 46% took some sort of action after viewing the ad. (Source: Video Brewery)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.(Source: Mist Media)
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (Source: SEOmoz)
- 59% of senior executives prefer video over text. (Source: Brainshark)
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
Here's my take after reading this: If you own a business of any size, and you don't have a quality video on your website, you're missing out. If you're a large business or brand, check out scgpr.com. They look like a quality company, and they are based out of my locality (Twin Cities).
If you want the same effectiveness of video marketing for your small to medium business from a company that understands the dynamics you face, get in touch with us.
Post your comments and thoughts!